SW93 EARLY PURPLE II
“Early Purple II” is the second of four yachts built on the Farr-Nauta 93’/95’ project. She combines the famous hull lines and the powerful sail plan of Farr Yacht Design, with the concept and the Italian style of Nauta Yacht Design and the handcraftsmanship of Southern Wind Shipyard.
“Early Purple II” was launched in 2001. She is fast and easy to sail with the minimum of crew, intuitively an ideal yacht for blue water enjoyment.
- On deck, she features a two-cockpit arrangement where the forward cockpit is a safe area for guests and the aft cockpit is dedicated to the operation of the boat and sail control. Each cockpit benefits of an indipendend access to the interior.
- Below deck, the full-beam saloon features a six-person dining table and a comfortable settee to starboard. Three guest cabins are located forward of the saloon and a fourth cabin, that may also be used as a Captain’s cabin, is located aft.
- EPII interiors offer the generous volumes of a 100 footer yacht, which result in a spacious saloon, four comfortable guests’ cabins, a separated crew area and a full height engine room.
- Under her current ownership since 2011, she has successfully completed a circumnavigation, including detours to South America, New England and Scandinavia.
- In 2014, she returned to her birthplace in Cape Town where she underwent an extensive maintenance period under the management of Southern Wind Shipyard. In 2017-2018 she has been subjected to a rigorous maintenance program, including but not limited to repainting of hull, mast and boom, new rod rigging, new running rigging, RINA class survey, new sails..
THE YACHT EXPERIENCE
- MAIN DATA
- YEAR: 2001
- FLAG: UK
- DESIGN DIMENSIONS:
L.O.A.: 28.30 m
L.W.L.: 22.88 m
Beam max.: 6.50 m
Draft: 3.50 m
Displacement: 62,500 kg
Ballast: 22,500 kg
- RIG DIMENSIONS:
Total Sail Area: 478 sqm
- ENGINE: Lugger 6108A2 370 Hp@2600 rpm
- CERTIFICATION: RINA pleasure class
- NAVAL ARCHITECT: Farr Yacht Design
GENERAL CONCEPT, EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR DESIGN: Nauta Design
- ACCOMMODATION: 8 guests in 4 cabins, 4 crew in 2 cabins
- AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING: Barcelona