SW78 ELISE WHISPER
Whisper – hull n. 01 of SW78 mini-series.
True to Reichel Pugh’s refined naval architecture, Whisper flaunts sleek hull lines, with a fin and bulb keel. The general arrangement plan, deck layout and interior systems were designed by the Italian team Nauta Design, while the composite structural engineering for the cored Kevlar and carbon hull was undertaken by the UK-based SP Technologies.
Designed as a cruiser-racer, Whisper is ideal for blue water navigation and competitive races.
Her deck layout features a large guest cockpit together with a sunbathing area, which is well separated from the sailing cockpit.
Below deck, Whisper features a freshly renovated light modern interiors thanks to a classic teak-lined saloon with an ivory natural fabric upholstery.
Accommodation includes a spacious and wide master cabin at the stern, with both a double and a separate single bed finished with an ivory lined headboard, a twin cabin amidships with an additional lifting bunk and a bunk bed guest cabin afore.
- Impressive record of sporting achievements: winner of the 2009 SWS Trophy, 1st place in her division at the 2009 Rolex Fastnet Race, and 1st place in the 2009 Mini Maxy Rolex Cup (racing cruising class).
- In 2011 she benefited from an intensive refit managed by the Southern Wind Customer Care team, including but not limited to: engine, generator and propeller replacement, rigging substitution and upgrading to Carbon EC6+, hull, boom and mast repainting, all interior carpentry repainting.
- In 2015 the teak on-deck has been replaced and the style of the interior has been modernized with upholstery of lighter shades.
- MAIN DATA
- YEAR: 2001
- FLAG: UK
- DESIGN DIMENSIONS:
L.O.A.: 23.99 m
L.W.L.: 20.51 m
Beam max.: 5.91 m
Draft: 3.80 m
Displacement: 34,15 tons (IRC)
Ballast: 12.8 tons
- RIG DIMENSIONS:
Total Sail Area: 348 mq
- ENGINE: Yanmar 4LH-stp 240 hp @ 3.300 rpm
- CERTIFICATION: CE certificate No. DIP502500/XE – Pleasure Craft
- NAVAL ARCHITECT: Reichel Pugh Yacht Design
GENERAL CONCEPT, EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR DESIGN: Nauta Design
- ACCOMMODATION: 6+2 guests in 3 cabins, 3 crew in 1 cabin
- AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING: Genoa, Italy